Sound the bugle.
So I mentioned that I was re-vamping my Tumblr from having a no real purpose to having a purpose. In the past 2 days I’ve gained nearly 500 followers.
Granted, it’s Tumblr, so following is easy and doesn’t necessarily lead to connection or interaction with contact. It’s like Twitter that way. Of all those followers, there are only a handful of likes, and I think one reblog. But I only have 654 Twitter followers, and I’ve been tweeting for years.
To what do I owe this success, such as it is? I think the following:
- People get what my Tumblr’s about, and are interested. People like talking about music, and my posts are short and to the point.
- Bro, Do You Even Tag? In doing music reviews, it always helps to tag the band name, the song name, the album name. Then people who check the tags see the content, and decide to follow if they like what they see.
- YouTube is the New MTV. After (which is to say, above) every review, I do a separate video post which has either a favored deep track or a live version or something else that I think noteworthy. YouTube is great at giving you options, and people like to hear music when they’re done reading about music.
So, Focus, Reach Out, and Consistent Content. Hopefully this continues.
Check out the noise at Every. Damn. CD.
I have a Tumblr for reasons that I never understood. It was just a thing to get, and a direct violation of my actual purpose in having a single blog with my name on it. But there’s a problem that’s never quite been satisfied.
I had, at one of my old dead blogs, a music writing project that I tried to import here and never fully did. I never fully did because my life got twist-turned upside down when I became a dad, and summoning the eloquence to write about R.E.M. and the Rolling Stones felt like work. And when you’re a blogger, work doesn’t feel right.
So I’m going to re-charge the project. I’m going to rate and review all of my CD’s. In the following order:
- By Genre
- Within Genre, alphabetically by Artist Name
- Within Artist, chronologically by release date.
It’s called Every.Damn. CD. and what’s going to make it change is I’m not going to try for eloquence or knock myself out for insight. Every disc gets a paragraph, a grade, and a youtube link if I happen to feel like it. I’ll go for knocking them out once or twice a week or so.
I’ve got a diverse music collection and I used to care about it. Let’s see if anything interesting falls therefrom.
Good lord, but the bots are targeting me of late. Every comment for the past week reads something like:
I arpeciate good blogknowledge. This atricle is amongh the best! I am tankkingh you form bottom of my heartiness!
Which is to say, the dearth of posting at this blog will be entirely blamed on the arrival of my youngest daughter, who blessed us earlier this month.
When normal blogging will resume, I cannot say. Babies are attention machines, and it’s summer.
Had a rather busy week and haven’t felt like it. Took a trip to NYC to catch NPH in HATAI, which has garnered a bunch of TONY noms.
Been farting around with a few writing ideas and just haven’t summoned the will to implement them. It’s much easier to update your Smashwords profile and join WattPad then to, you know, actually write. Actual writing is a desperate flight over the chasm of failure.
So…yeah. There will be stuff. And things. Just not right now.